Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Friday, December 11, 2009

P4 White Chocolate & Almond Popcorn

Thank you Lindy LCG!

This is P4 ONLY!!
White Chocolate Covered Popcorn with Almonds


For every 4 bags of microwave popcorn (large bags), you will need 1 - 24oz package of Almond bark and 1 ½ cups of slivered almonds. This will make about 3 ½ gallon bags of finished popcorn.

Tape 2 strips of waxed paper to the counter side by side so that you have an area of about 24” X 4’.

After popping the popcorn, open the bag just a little bit and shake upside down over a trash can. This will get rid of all the un-popped kernels. Pour into a large paper sack. Do this for all 4 bags of popcorn. Add the almonds and bounce the sack to distribute the almonds throughout. Following the directions on the almond bark for melting. Pour 1/3 over the popcorn/almond mixture and gently stir with a large spoon. Bounce the sack to bring the non-coated popcorn to the top and pour the next 1/3 of melted almond bark, stir and bounce. Repeat one more time. Continue to gently stir and bounce the sack until all the popcorn is coated. (When the popcorn stops moving it is all coated).

Pour out onto the prepared waxed paper and spread out so that it is only about a popcorn kernel thick. Let sit to dry about 10 – 15 minutes. Transfer to gallon zipper bags or tins for keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment