Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

P2 Protein Recipes

Curried Chicken
3.5 oz Chicken
Curry Powder
Dust chicken on all sides with curry and bake at 350 until no longer pink in middle. Baking time varies depending on thickness. I keep a piece of chicken cooked this way for grab and go protein.

Meatloaf
3.5 oz 4% fat ground beef
1 t garlic fresh or 1.5 t garlic powder (to taste)
1 t parsley (to taste)
1 t oregano (to taste)

Mix spices together then add mix to beef. Mix spices and beef well. Place meat into ramekin flatten and bake at 350 until done. Or roll into 3 balls to make meatballs and cook on stove top until done.
Suggestion: top with tomato sauce recipe

Foiled Dill & Garlic Fish
3.5 oz Cod Fish (or other white P2 legal fish)
2 cloves minced garlic (to taste)
1/2 t dill (to taste I add more cause me loves the dill)
sea salt & pepper to taste (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Mix garlic, dill, salt & pepper together. In the center of a piece of foil place your fish. Spread 1/2 of your seasoning mix onto the top of fish and other 1/2 of mix onto the bottom. Fold edges of foil up and completely seal packet on all sides. Bake 10-20 minutes until fish flakes and is done.

Rosemary & Thyme Chicken or Steak
3.5 oz Chicken or Steak
1 T Rosemary
1/2 T Thyme
1/2 t garlic (optional)

Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic together. In a small oven safe dish place either your steak or chicken. Coat all sides with spice mixture. Bake at 350 until done

Taco Shrimp or Beef
3oz cooked shrimp or 3oz. cooked beef (make sure proteins are cooked thoroughly)
1 T Sugar Free Taco Seasoning (Whole Foods has one)
2-4 T water

Preheat pan over med heat. Add shrimp or beef, taco seasoning and water. Mix and saute spices and shrimp or beef until mixture is hot and well blended.
Suggestions:Saute onions in same seasonings starting them 10 or so minutes before adding your precooked protein. You will need to double or triple seasonings if you do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment