Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

P3 Shortbread Cookie Dough

Thanks to Slim on LCG! I will be trying these in Jan. 2010 when I'm in P3

P3 - Shortbread Cookie Recipe
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Splenda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
Vanilla extract
I took some Macadamias and roughed chopped them and added it into dough
Sprinkle Cinnamon on top of the cookies after you cut them.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the almond flour, splenda and salt in a mixing bowl. Work in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the dough has the consistency of short crust. Pulsing in a food processor will work also.
Sprinkle a board or your counter top lightly with almond flour. Turn the dough onto the board and knead until it's smooth. Refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours or overnight.
You should have approximately 8 ounces of dough. Divide the dough into four equal portions for large cookies or eight equal portions for small cookies and shape into rounds.
Place each round on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten them with the bottom of a glass to about 1/4 inch thickness. Prick with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cookies begin to brown slightly. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment