Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

P2 Recipes for Veggies

Radishes:I never liked radishes, that is until I boiled them! I place my amount of radishes into pan of water an boil 10-13 minutes. This makes them softer and takes the "bite" out of their flavor. Take out of water and cool. Once cooled to the touch I slice them into pieces, sprinkle with garlic and then bake at 325 for 20-30 min.

Ginger Asparagus:
Asparagus (allowed amount)ends removed spears cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 T Ginger
1 T garlic
water
pepper to taste

Preheat pan over med heat. Add garlic & ginger to 3 T of water in pan. Bring to a simmer and simmer a bit. Add asparagus and enough water to cover asparagus 1/2 way. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 5-10 minutes depending on how "soft" you like your asparagus

Cucumber Salad
Cucumbers
1 T Natural Rice Vinegar (make sure there is no added sugar in your vinegar)
1 t minced fresh garlic
1 t dill (optional)
1 dropper stevia (or to taste as I like SWEET)

Mix in plastic container with lid. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving

Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf or Meatballs
Tomato (allowed amount)
1/2 t garlic (to taste)
1 t oregano (to taste)
1/2 t basil (to taste)

Place all ingredient in magic bullet and puree. I then pour sauce over my meat the last 5 or so minutes of it's cookin time.

Cole SlawCabbage (allowed amount but 1 batch of dressing is best with 3.5 oz or less. Double dressing if using more in my option)
1 T mustard (make sure no sugars in your mustard)
1 t Rice Vinegar
5 drops Stevia (optional)

Mix mustard, vinegar and stevia. Pour over cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment