Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

P3/P4 Cheesecake

Tracy at LCF shared these Cheesecake recipe ideas! I will try them when I get to P3. Warning: Some of the mix in ideas are not P3 unless you modify with SF items! I have suggested a few ideas

The funny thing about my cheesecake recipe is it is the exact same recipe as the CC Muffins. I use the Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipe that I got years ago.

2 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar (use xylitol to make this P3 okay)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 graham cracker crust (go crustless or make a nut type crust to make this P3 okay)

For caramel toffee, I use the little balls of caramel (or Russel Stovers SF Caramel balls for P3). If you can't find the little balls (chocolate chip size), I wil caramel ice cream topping (SF for P3). I use the heath bits of toffee (u can sub SF toffee pieces for P3). Sometimes I can't find just the plain toffe bits and have to use the ones that include the chocolate. I add 1/2 cup of each to the cheesecake. If using the ice cream topping, just add the toffee. Pour into crust and dollop the ice cream topping and then swirl. Bake in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. I used to wait until it was set, but I found lately that if I take them out at exactly 40 minutes they are done and really creamy.

For raspberry chocolate chip, I put in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (SF if P3). Pour into crust. Dollop on 100% fruit raspberry jam and swirl(SF jam if P3). Can use whatever flavor of jam that you want. Bake the same as above.

I've also used crushed candy cane for peppermint chocolate chip.

To make things not so sugary you can use the sugar-free chocolate chips. If you go with the caramel ice cream topping you could use sugar-free, but I have not tested that yet. To cut down on sugar that is why I use the 100% fruit jam too.

The possibilities are endless, I just need some new ideas for flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment