Welcome

I am now Happy, Healthy and Maintaining!! Pounds & Inches is my way of life! I am currently on R2P3. This blog is to help me keep track of my journey. You will find my daily weigh ins along with my daily menu. I will also use this blog to record recipes I have tried or want to try. Along with menus I look forward to making once I'm in P3 and/or P4.

Monday, December 14, 2009

P3 Almond Pound Cake

Courtesy of LCF

Classic Almond Flour Pound Cake

Ingredients:
· 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
· 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese
· 3/4 cup Splenda
· 5 large eggs, at room temperature
· 2 cups almond flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon lemon extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream butter, cream cheese and Splenda together, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with baking powder. Add egg/butter mixture to flour a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.

Pour into greased 9"-10" Springform pan, bundt pan, ring pan, (or 9" round cake pan) and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.

You can change flavors for this cake by using different extract flavors and even food color if you like!

Makes 12 servings. 6.1 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment